UBC is once again participating in the International Open Access Week event, where the research and academic community worldwide come together to share and learn about open access and other connected global open scholarship initiatives locally and worldwide. UBC’s own event – Open UBC – showcases four days of topical forums, lectures and workshops about open scholarship by invited Guest Lecturers and UBC’s own community of faculty, students & staff.
- Opening Up Education – Creative Alternatives to Access Copyright – Keynote Speaker – By Paul Stacey, Director, Communications, Stakeholder & Academic Relations at BCcampus
- A Course on Reproducible Research in Computational and Data Science: What should it be? – By Dr. Ian Mitchell & Dr. Dhavide Arulia
- Transitioning a journal to an open access business model: a Canadian perspective – By Lesley Andres, Professor, Department of Educational Studies, University of British Columbia and Editor of Canadian Journal of Higher Education
- Open Access – What problems are we trying to fix? – Keynote Speaker – By Dr. David Rosenthal, Chief Scientist, LOCKSS
- Opening the Possibilities of the Internet: OpenMedia.ca’s Transformative Campaigns and the University Community – Keynote Speaker – By Reilly Yeo, Managing Director, OpenMedia.ca
- Publishers from Public Library of Science & Springer Publishing will talk about their Open Access Business models
- Opening Up Worldwide Access to key BC Historical Documents: Chinese Canadian Stories, BC Historical Newspapers and more
- UBC Faculty will share and exchange their innovative approaches to the dissemination of their research in a showcase and exchange of ideas event – By Dr. Anne-Marie Nicols, Dr. Paul Evans, Dr. Rosie Redfield, Dr. Erin Michalak, Dr. Harry Brumer, Dr. Wyeth W. Wasserman and Dimas Yusuf
All of these events are FREE and open to the public, students, faculty, staff and schools. No registration necessary.
Location: All events in Lillooet (301) Room in the Chapman Learning Commons, Irving K. Barber Learning Centre, 1961 East Mall, UBC Vancouver Campus unless indicated otherwise.
All of these events are FREE and open to the public, students, faculty, staff and schools.
For more information about the event contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Open UBC is held in conjunction with International Open Access Week, October 24-27, 2011: http://scholcomm.ubc.ca/openubc|