Visit cIRcle at: http://hdl.handle.net/2429/2518 to read Milica Mandic’s thesis.
UBC receives most Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplements
For more information about the award, visit: http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Media-Media/NewsRelease-CommuniqueDePresse_eng.asp?ID=188.
Nine UBC students were awarded Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplements under the Canada Graduate Scholarships Program from the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada — the most of any university in Canada.
The award supports high-caliber Canadian graduate students as they pursue research experiences at institutions outside of Canada. UBC recipients include:
• Andrew Hamilton – PhD in Civil Engineering
• Lei Hua – PhD in Statistics
• Jean-Michel Lauzon – PhD in Chemistry
• Milica Mandic – PhD in Zoology
• Eranda Harinath Puwakkatiya Kankanamge – PhD in Electrical & Computer Engineering
• David Toews – PhD in Zoology
• Brent Chamberlain – PhD in Forestry
• Jennifer Choi – PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
• Brendan Cully – PhD in Computer Science
Above Image Courtesy of: RGBStock.com
Above excerpt in italics is courtesy of UBC This Week from UBC Public Affairs’ webpage – http://www.publicaffairs.ubc.ca/2010/03/25/ubc-this-week-13/#3833