In celebration of open access and its global impact for over a decade, UBC and SFU will be participating in the 2018 International Open Access Week event during October 22-28, 2018.
Throughout UBC’s 2018 Open Access Week event, scholars will showcase and discuss their innovative research, teaching and learning skills and experiences while inspiring others to learn more and get involved with the global open access movement. These events will highlight the various opportunities and pathways enabling open scholarship for researchers at UBC and beyond.
Similar to past UBC Open Access Week events, this year will include free lectures, workshops, a panel discussion with a Q&A session, seminars, and symposia for students, faculty, staff, and the general public. Topical and timely issues will include the following ones to list just a few:
- new challenges faced by practitioners and stakeholders
- developing a scholarly/publishing profile
- applying Creative Commons licenses to your work
- navigating the Tri-Agency Open Access Policy (NSERC, SSHRC and CIHR)
- discovering Open Educational Resources (OER)
Visit Open UBC to register and attend these free events
Learn more about Open Access at UBC