While 3MT was created by The University of Queensland in 2008, UBC was and still is one of the first universities in North America to host a 3MT competition since 2011.
Commencing annually in February, UBC 3MT heats get underway with winners advancing into the Semi-Finals and Finals’ rounds in March.
Below are the top five things to know about 2019 UBC 3MT:
- Currently, over 350 universities across 59 countries worldwide hold 3MT competitions
- For 2019 UBC 3MT, there are six workshops designed to help participants successfully prepare and deliver their presentations
- 2019 UBC 3MT prizes range from gifts (People`s choice) to $1,000 and a trip to Prince George, BC (where the finalist will represent UBC at the represent UBC at the Western Regional 3MT competition)
- Testimonials from past UBC 3MT finalists, semi-finalists and other honourable mentions give an insight into what it feels like to participate and deliver 3MT presentations in a memorable and engaging way
- UBC 3MT affords an exciting opportunity for presenters, audience members, heat organizers, sponsors, judges, and volunteers who help showcase just a small sampling of UBC research to a non-specialist audience here and beyond
All the best to the 2019 UBC 3MT participants and supporters in the coming months!
Browse UBC Theses and Dissertations in cIRcle via Open Collections